So, you want to make eye makeup? You want to be the next Lancome or MAC? Making cosmetics and colour makeup is not only a growing industry, it’s a creative and rewarding business.
One of the easiest and highest profit methods to make eye makeup is utilizing mica mineral formulas.
Why use mica minerals to make eye makeup?
From the point of view of the aspiring cosmetics manufacturer, apart from the high profitability, the advantage of using mica minerals to make eye makeup include:
- Easy and quick to make – fewer production procedures
- Almost endless color possibilities – mica pigments are available in many colors and can be mixed to create almost any shade.
- Micas are also available in many different particle sizes, allowing you to manufacture eye makeup with different effects. If you want to create eye makeup with a satin effect, use smaller micas of about 20 microns If you want to create eye makeup with a more noticeable sparkle, use micas of up to 150 microns.
- Micas come in metallic shades and brilliant shades. If you want to create eye makeup in metallic shades (gold, silver, copper, bronze), use micas which have been treated with titanium dioxide and iron oxide pigments (black, yellow and red). If you want to create eye makeup in brighter shades, use micas which have been treated with colored pigments such as D&C reds, aluminium oxide, chromium oxide or carmine – to name just a few.
- Customers love mineral makeup. If you make eyeshadows with mica pigments, you will be offering your consumers a low-toxic, low-allergenic product which provides sun protection, is easy to apply and long lasting. Click here to read more about how to make mineral makeup.
Why stop at mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow? For sure, it’s a huge market – you can easily make eyeshadow and make eyeliner – but why not take it one step further? Dark circles under the eyes and puffiness are common among both women and men.
What causes dark circles under the eyes? Engorged blood vessels. The blood vessels under the eyes are extremely fragile – and because the skin surrounding the eyes is thin, these blood vessels are more noticeable in some people.
These fragile blood vessels release pigments produced by protein from the red blood cells (known as haemoglobin). This is what causes the dark pigmentation of the skin surrounding the eye area.
You can take advantage of the new cosmetic ingredients which have been specifically formulated to treat dark circles under the eyes, by making specialized eye treatment creams.
With a professional formulation and correct manufacturing procedures, you can not only create a gorgeous spectrum of eye makeup colors, but also these in-demand eye creams – easily and inexpensively – yet the profit margin is extremely high.
However, if you want to make eye makeup for retail sale – and enjoy the huge profit margins this industry offers – it is imperative to use only professionally formulated cosmetics formulas and manufacturing procedures. Although you don’t need a license from the FDA to make eye makeup, cosmetics and skin care products must comply with FDA regulations – primarily, they must be free from any pathogens or prohibited ingredients.
When you use professional formulations from the AustraLab range, you can be sure you will manufacture eye makeup to high quality, international standards. You will be able to make eye makeup which is equal to, if not better than, the leading brands.
- Cosmetic Chemistry – How To Make Makeup & Skin Care
So, you want to be a cosmetics chemist? You want to join the cosmetic chemistry industry and formulate skincare, makeup, haircare, toiletries and beauty products?But – you think you need to go to… Read more …
- Cosmetics Business – Make Your Own Makeup, Start An Empire
Making cosmetics, makeup, skin care and hair care products is a multi-billion dollar industry – but you don’t need a big budget to start your own cosmetics business.In fact, you can start a… Read more …
- Cosmetic Ingredients – How One Essential Oil Created a Billion Dollar Empire
Could selling rosemary oil products and skin care with natural cosmetic ingredients at open air markets develop into an international cosmetics making business with 5000 employees, 1500 outlets in 85 countries, and a… Read more …
- Private Label Cosmetics – Why you need your Own Brand
If you’re in the beauty business – make-up, skin care, hair care, spa salon, bath/body products – you really should be making your own professional formula private label cosmetics products.Click here to discover… Read more …
- Cosmetics Manufacturing – Start Your Own Business – Think Outside The Square
Cosmetics Manufacturing has always been an extremely profitable business for me – especially when thinking “outside the square”.What do I mean by this? While there are big bucks to be made by catering… Read more …