Wanna be the next MAC? You can when you know the secrets of how to make makeup.
Many successful makeup brands started out with small ranges, which quickly became extended collections of products.
Why learn how to make makeup, when you can hire a private label cosmetics manufacturer to produce it for you? Because you’ll be missing out on huge profits.
It’s not difficult to learn how to make makeup. When you make your own make up, you maximize your profits and maintain absolute control over the cosmetic ingredients and quality. As you begin to make makeup, you will soon gain the confidence to develop your own colors, textures, fragrances and formulations. You won’t be relying on a cosmetic chemist (at exhorbitant hourly rates) to experiment and recreate the colors of your imagination.
The 5 most frequently asked questions about how to make makeup:
- Do I need qualifications in cosmetic chemistry to make makeup and make cosmetics? … No. If you can follow simple instructions, there’s simply no need to get bogged down in technical chemistry, spend four or five years in university, and wait so long to make an income. When you use professional formulations, combined with correct manufacturing procedures, the hard work has already been done for you – there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Once you begin to learn how to make makeup, you will find that you can easily experiment, substitute ingredients, invent colors – and, if you so desire, you will easily be able to read the labels of existing products and not just duplicate them, but even improve on their formulations. You can discover how to make eyeshadow, how to make lip gloss, how to make lipstick, how to make nail polish, mineral makeup, etc – there are no limits. The creators of many world-famous cosmetic brands have no formal qualifications in cosmetic chemistry – they began by purchasing professional formulations, practicing their skills in how to make makeup, then producing their own unique variations. Why not you?
- How long does it take to learn how to make makeup? … Much, much less than the time it takes to gain a cosmetic chemistry degree. After you have successfully made four or five products (such as lip gloss, mascara, foundation, moisturizing cream and shampoo), you will find you have developed the “knack”. With the correct manufacturing procedures, making cosmetics is much easier than most aspiring entrepreneurs imagine. It won’t be long before you can manufacture a complete range of eyeshadows, lipsticks, mineral formula makeup, specialized skin care treatments, etc
- Do I need expensive equipment to be able to make makeup? … No. Apart from a clean working area, only basic equipment is required – mixing bowls (glass and plastic), mixing spoons or sticks, mortar and pestle, pH paper for testing acidity and alkalinity, scales for weighing ingredients. Again, many world-famous cosmetic company founders began on their kitchen tables, with minimal equipment – and went on to create empires. So can you.
- Can I use homemade cosmetic recipes or a free cosmetics formula for making cosmetics, skin care, and makeup for retail sale? … No. Most homemade cosmetic recipes – such as those containing eggs, avocado, various fresh fruits, oils, etc – require refrigeration and even then they will only last 2-3 weeks maximum. Such formulations are not suitable for retail sale. They can easily develop harmful bacteria. If you want to know how to make makeup and make cosmetics for retail sale, it is imperative to use professional formulations which comply with health regulations. Free formulations provided by cosmetic ingredient suppliers are designed to make these suppliers wealthy – not you. These “free” recipes usually contain their proprietary “blends” as bases, or use expensive, difficult to obtain ingredients. In this way, you are held ransom to their high prices. Without knowing how to recreate this “blend” from raw ingredients, you cannot make your own make up or cosmetics without their products. Blends usually cost at least 10 times the price of the actual raw ingredients from which they are made. Most makeup and cosmetic manufacturers operate on profit margins of 1000% – even more. To enjoy these profits, and be in control of your own business and your own products, you must know how to make makeup from raw ingredients.
- Do I need approval from the FDA to make makeup and make cosmetics? … No. This is another myth the cosmetics manufacturing giants would like you to believe. The FDA does not test your products or issue licenses to make makeup or make cosmetics. Their requirements are simple: Your products should not use any prohibited cosmetic ingredients and be free from bacteria. If you are using professional cosmetics formulas (as opposed to homemade cosmetics), you won’t have any concerns.
The AustraLab program provides you with everything you need to know about how to make makeup. Click here to learn the secrets of how to make makeup.
- Cosmetic Chemistry – How To Make Makeup & Skin Care
So, you want to be a cosmetics chemist? You want to join the cosmetic chemistry industry and formulate skincare, makeup, haircare, toiletries and beauty products?But – you think you need to go to… Read more …
- Cosmetics Business – Make Your Own Makeup, Start An Empire
Making cosmetics, makeup, skin care and hair care products is a multi-billion dollar industry – but you don’t need a big budget to start your own cosmetics business.In fact, you can start a… Read more …
- Cosmetic Ingredients – How One Essential Oil Created a Billion Dollar Empire
Could selling rosemary oil products and skin care with natural cosmetic ingredients at open air markets develop into an international cosmetics making business with 5000 employees, 1500 outlets in 85 countries, and a… Read more …
- Private Label Cosmetics – Why you need your Own Brand
If you’re in the beauty business – make-up, skin care, hair care, spa salon, bath/body products – you really should be making your own professional formula private label cosmetics products.Click here to discover… Read more …
- Cosmetics Manufacturing – Start Your Own Business – Think Outside The Square
Cosmetics Manufacturing has always been an extremely profitable business for me – especially when thinking “outside the square”.What do I mean by this? While there are big bucks to be made by catering… Read more …